English:

The Free and Open Productivity Suite
New: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 released!

Meeting Minutes

OpenOffice.org

Weekly Meeting Virtual User Interface (VUI) Team

Date

April 18th 2002

Time

10:00h, MEST

Location

Cupertino, eham-02

Attendees

Oliver Specht (OS)
Frank Schönheit (FS)
Hans-Peter Burow (PB)
Gunnar Timm (GT)
Christian Lippka (CL)
Daniel Rentz (DR)
Christian Jansen (CJ)

Minute Taker

CL (next: OS, FS, PB, DR, GT, CL)

Distribution List

http://ui.openoffice.org/protocols

Table of Contents

1 Action Items

2 Removing unused Bitmaps


1 Action Items

Item

Responsible

Status

previous items

Create a concept of Common UI factory design

FS

stalled (due July 2002)

Toolboxes in dialogs must get the correct image list set (standard/high contrast)

All ui developers

In progress1

High Contrast mode (HC mode) for Listboxes, Treelistboxes and Browseboxes must be handled where used with bitmaps

All ui developers

In progress 1

Calling SetModeBitmap for all dialog controls with bitmaps

All ui developers

In progress 1

Create a bug that it is not possible to travel through main entries only in TreeListBox of options dialog

FS


done 2


Create HC bitmaps for bitmaps used directly (i.e. in dialogs)

Stella Schulze2

in progress

Proposal for Accessibility (focus, keyboard) of automatic Help Agent (the window with the bulb)

CJ

in progress

Create bugs for each project to complete the implementation of high contrast bitmaps.

OS

open

Make a proposal on how to turn of all automatics instantly by a simple action3

CJ

open

new items

Gather requirements and make a design proposal for a tabpage with options for the help system4

CJ

new

Collect options inside the application tabpages for CJ that are now redundant because they're also available in the new color tabpage.

All ui developers

new

Redesign the applications tabpages that need to remove options because they're not in the color tabpage

CJ

new

Write bugs for all applications to use the colors from the new color tabpage

OS

new


Comments on Action Items

  1. These items are waiting for the creation of high contrast ready bitmaps by Stella Schulze (STS). The implementation of the interfaces to set bitmaps/image list for high contrast mode is done.

    In the meantime dummies should be used to be able to start with the implementation.

  2. Responsible moved from CJ to Stella Schulze

  3. All attendees shared the opinion, that most automatism are unwanted and that there should be a possibility to shut them of in an easy way.

  4. According to CJ, we need this feature to make the help system accessible. This will mainly include changing the style and font size for the help system.

2 Removing unused Bitmaps

We discussed shortly that we need to remove unused Bitmaps sometime.
CJ said that the old black&white toolbox images can be removed.
FS suggested that we automate this process by modifying the bitmap tool and the resource compiler to generate a list of used bitmaps.
PB said we have to edit the global office imagelist by hand to get rid of old unused explorer images.
According to CJ, this should happen as soon as we have some time for it.

Page 1 of 1

Apache Software Foundation

Copyright & License | Privacy | Website Feedback | Contact Us | Donate | Thanks

Apache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names appearing on the site may be trademarks of their respective owners.